Thursday, April 7, 2011

THE SIPHONING FOREBODING IN ES2007S

Heaven knows what happened to me this last few weeks of the semester.

Coming to the end of semester, I cannot quite believe ES2007s class' proceedings and emotions are become more ominous. If you had read the previous 2 articles this month: first I suffered the foreboding of an emotional blackmail by coursemates, then I suffered, though not as much, the foreboding of profaned sex, and now (can you believe it?) I'm whipped with this other foreboding of disaffectation with what and how I write about on blogs and social media platforms. Fact is my ES2007s coursemates and even Professor Brad  (recent word of mouth), are getting ill with the way I express my ideas (ie. language expression, excluding prose-like blog-posts) on facebook, and its length.



The single most important cause why that has happened was because I have all this 3 months sought to treat professional communication from the ‘why’ standpoint of view, while the rest might have thought it more appropriate to talk about the ‘how’ and ‘what’. The ‘why’ necessarily correlates closely with the philosophy of professional communication, which is why I give all my ‘whys’ in the linguistic style AND LENGTH of that philosophy, because doing otherwise will distort both the fundamental content of the ‘whys’ as well as its edifying value. When classmates claim such linguistic styles are pretentious, I simply don’t get it.(recent word of mouth).

The ‘why’ also happened incidentally to correlate with Simon Sinek’s admonition to engage your audiences, social circle of friends, and everybody you will ever meet in terms of the ‘why’, and what you belief, because he says that is only way the interpersonal, intercultural, interview, oral presentation will achieve conviction, substance and therefore excellence. Well he is right, and if I have been trying to achieve his vision of a successful professional communication through its ‘whys’ rather than ‘hows’ and ‘whats’, I couldn’t be that far away from being right too. It might be simply nobody can see virtue in the ‘whys’ of professional communication and its linguistic styles, which would  frame the ‘hows’ and the ‘whats’.

Consider this angle: there are 2 types of people, the first type follows blindly, the second follows wisely. The kind of people in the former are only interested in ‘how’ and ‘what’, in other words their minds operate completely in the automatic/limbic mode, devoid of critical thinking. Of course modern human beings are generally a mixture of ‘why’, and ‘how’ and ‘what’ types of people. The kind of people in the second type like to have their minds operate more critically and questionably, and the likelihood they will find conviction, value, excellence whether in professional communication or otherwise is higher, because these people will not be accepting wholesale, without differentiation and order, the lessons and values learn in ES2007s; in other words they are voluntarily, not naturally, selective of information they will admit into their basket of skills and know-hows. It is hopefully the second type of people can raise the standards of the people closer to the first type, both in terms of linguistic styles, and their knowledge or ‘why’ cores.

Again there is nothing wrong with treating professional communication or any other subject from the superficial ‘how’ and ‘what’ points of view, and there is nothing wrong if Brad or my fellow classmates have absolutely no interest when I go into a sermon on the ‘whys’ or when I use the linguistic styles and even punctuation norms, such as having a colon before the word ‘but’ and ‘so’ when explaining something, of such academic philosophies: but that is good for a great diversity of views; and nobody should feel disaffected with all my written work because I go into all my writing with the lowest expectations in terms of replies and comments, and I don’t coerce anyone in terms of  these: in fact I don’t expect anyone would read either, because I write for charity and not for self-esteem.


This is the SIMPLEST style of writing, grammatically and structurally sound, I can ever manage, and if anybody still thinks I used bombast words, I’m probably just too daft to write any simpler!


Salud 
I cannot wait for the semester to end sooner, for all the foreboding reasons, and I'm embarrassed to say it came to such a closing..............

No comments:

Post a Comment