Friday, April 8, 2011

THE FOREBODING RETROSPECTION ASSESSMENT 6

*P.S. For the information of teacher and students who are going to comment on this post, take note that part of the content in this final post correlates very closely with content and comments in the first 3 posts on your right drop down menu for the month of April; so if you are lost as to what, or who, why, where, how I am making reference to anything; or suddenly have this feeling I’m out of my mind, you should read and try to get a grip of those 3 posts first, if you haven't already done so, despite your time constraints.


The most worthy communication principle I gained from the semester was not concise itself, as much as self-interested people want other people to be concise, so much that they will go to foreboding blackmail extents to make it a reality!! In which case, there is truth to that obscure axiom in the back of my mind, which says people tend to behave in all sorts of ‘funny’ ways when stressed, by the concise in this case; and then have that stupidity unknowingly projected on others. Now I have great understanding for such a propensity under duress; which is why I can plainly analogize as such, because I know how badly I can be reduced to too. For that, there are takeaway lessons three-ways for course-mates, teacher and individual; but I’ll discover just one meaningful point in the last one.

Certainly concise has no value other than the people in authority or otherwise make sense of, which happened to be 250 words to an assessment; and that is very much like how professional communication only takes on value when its spiritual leader is the emotional rather than analytical domain of people, and becomes valuable only when it has been interpersonally, inter-culturally, identified with the needs of human emotions culture-wide.

As it turns out, the foreboding concise issue had been disguised for a people one, for whom insist those other self-interests over mine must always win the day: but without equity of settlement of these disputes (moderation), no people bias is possible!!!




Muchas gracias senoras y senores,
Muchos Besitos tambien!

With this final post, I don’t, and know I don’t need to prove a point; I don’t even need a point, but I will still show you for your sake that I can do the concise to the bull's eye, by virtue I'm going to act in the manner I urged, as a good example to follow, that is most like equity of settlement; I don’t think my point has 250 words and extras; count the words not in yellow and green will you!






10 comments:

  1. Dear people, just in case you need fodder for the comments, and just so you know, I was hammering home the point of moderation in people centric communication and interaction, one final time this semester; even if I know teacher and coursemates are becoming turned away by virtue it is from philosophy, and philosophy has become sinisterly associated with me and my unconciseness and other eccentricities, so I heard. I'm not falsely assuming things either, it is relative fact of word of mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be sure that April 2011 will go down as the most foreboding month ever in my life. In fact, every post in April has been what-about foreboding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for dear teacher, if you never had such a severe, trying, or 'enthusiastic' (in your words)student ever, I apologize for that! Hopefully I never have to apologize again, and you never have such an edgy teaching experience again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark,
    I'm quite aware that the issue of being concise is really "cramming your style". But it is good to know that you can be concise when you want to.
    Hope that didn't give you too many nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mark!

    Great to see that you had a fun last lesson with us (from your most recent post)

    Back to the presentation: Having heard the evolution of your tsunami analogy, I think it turned out great and put across your point very well. For me, your speech definitely helped to save our presentation.

    Also, when you were presenting, I noticed you had a very good and strong stance, and was one of the very few in our class who kept that. So I applaud you for that.

    I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you feel we are cramping your style, but I do hope you will take our comments in stride for your future works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Greg and Vanessa,

    Thanks for the comments!! I certainly am a very good concise writer if I want to be. It is a question of whether I want, rather than whether I can, which I suppose everybody is worried about.

    The only regret I had was I lost the opportunity of writing a different final assignment post on a very different topic, one as fun and exciting as each of my last 3 posts on the right-hand panel of my blog for the month of April. Apart from that, I'm couldn't have asked for more from this ES2007s, I had everything because I had joy and sorrow!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy and sorrow indeed, Mark. I guess the course gave you an opportunity to struggle with the extremes of emotion as well as a chance to work on those elusive communication skills. Actually, I only write that partly in jest. I sincerely believe that there are certain principles for effective communication. I hope you feel that you had an opportunity in the course to become more acquainted with those and to even practice them to some extent. As for conciseness, there is a "why" for being succinct in writing at times (and of course, being concise is NOT always possible or even advisable). One clear example is when you want to hold the attention of an audience that has many things to attend to, fellow students, for example. Another one would be in many typical business contexts. The blogs posts, while not business related, were supposed to be a chance for you to practice, in a very real sense, what we preach. Simple as that.

    Thank you anyway, Mark, for giving it your best, though it proved to be an excruciating exercise for you.

    Thank you, too, for spending so much time and effort wrestling with the course content and related issues via your writing. You "creative" exercises gave me and your classamtes much to think about. You have certainly carved a special niche for yourself in the annals of ES2007S history...and we have your blog to prove.

    Do continue to add to your blog and the Facebook page, too, when you feel the inspiration to do so....but keep it "clean," okay? No rabble rousing or acidic comments.

    And all the best for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Brad,

    Joy and sorrow indeed! Thanks for every means and effort! I won't be blogging no more, unless I'm put to the order of some authority or regulation.

    I absolutely love blogging and writing, but I prefer reading anyday over writing! Lol! So my writing time will be used for reading instead.

    Blogging and writing is cheap thrill to me, while reading provides long-term satisfaction!


    Cheers to The teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your reading! Enjoy your life!

    ReplyDelete