Friday, April 15, 2011

THE CHRONICLES OF MARK: THE HIMALAYAN, THE WISEMAN, AND THE SERPENT'S POTION

This article hopes to be next-in-line for development of C.S Lewis' epic tales. Contact my profile if you want me to write the instalment.

During the last ES2007s lesson today, my paid tact team of Greg and Ahmed silently worked their deception on students and teacher of Group 10, while I role-played the overtly vocal master illusionist, to everyone's complete oblivion, and of course amusement. I was glad to have planned and worked out with Greg and Ahmed some time in the semester on this particular act; it was the culmination of verbal and especially nonverbal skills they and I learned all this while, and what better way than to put it to the test by literally deceiving our ES2007s friends and teacher.

They say that no success comes without planning and teamwork, my relative success in spell-binding students and teacher today hung on the thread of Greg's and Ahmed's oaths to never reveal their identities to ES2007s students and teacher before now, as I write this post in revelation. Due to such allegiance to the art of deception, every ES2007s student and teacher today were given a great display of theatre, and, street magic, and due in whole to their lack of foreknowledge of my tact team's wile. My heartfelt thanks again to my tact team-mates Greg and Ahmed. Next time, if I give another performance, I will enlist your help again, cool?

Some of the highlights of today's magic act included Susan's incredulity at watching two black playing cards changing into red ones right in her hands, Luqman's insistence I always had a 'ghost' whenever I flipped over and displayed a playing card, which might or might not have always been true, and Chuan Ting's and Hwee Teng's mouths agaped, whenever I grabbed a silver coin out of thin air. Even our teacher was unbelieving every time I pulled a silver out of nowhere from out of Jake's skin or Luqman's sleeve, not knowing that Greg and Ahmed were the backstage linchpins making the magic, and the deception work, by making all the 'professional' distraction and side-track, which to our relief nobody found amissed, which was good because that showed that we three are probably now profound masters of nonverbal and verbal communication!

When I pulled a spectator's chosen card out of our teacher's back trouser pocket in just over 3 seconds, out of a boxed, completely shuffled deck, without having seen the card at all, and without even making any effort to search for it, that was the ultimate reinforcement to how well myself, Ahmed, Greg, learned about professional communication this semester.

In my final act, with Greg and Ahmed lurking behind the scenes teleporting (invisible) props from a distance of five to six tables across, I disappeared a silver in my left palm right under the noses of Hwee Teng and Susan, which had of course been teleported back invisibly to Greg and Ahmed. When it was relayed back to me again to prepare for the revelation, the two girls were quick enough to chance upon its silver sparkle in hidden transit beneath my concealing fingers and palm, running from behind to in front of my other fingers, palm and wrist at breakneck speed and back trying to show my hands were clean, as if they had also some magnetic ability to hold the silver against gravity!

The truth of the silver sparkle: either Hwee Teng and Susan had one pizza too many each, causing much blood to be drawn away to their gut, leaving none for their corneas, which then resulted in monkey-vision and an inability to perceive reality accurately; the other possibility would be that I had innate and superb anti-gravity infrastructure installed in my somatosensory system, a gift of touch, and that made the silver adhered so obediently to my hands whichever way I swung it, turned it and twisted.

Whichever the explanations were, Hwee Teng and Susan, as well as the rest of my classmates who saw various other confounding acts, will at least be stuck in eternal wonder, the way I intended for it to be, while I try to understand what is wrong with why the silvers seemed to know how to conceal and adhere themselves so ingeniously, and don't seem to get rid of me no matter how hard I try to get it to.

Could magic be in fact real? You bet one kind of magic commands all the rest of other magic, and is truly real, sovereign, and always will be! Me and my tact team haven't really tested those boundaries of fact and fiction, yet, and if we never do, it is because that sovereign good that exists that overcame evil at long last, and we three thankfully lost our guile!


One deception, one tact team!
Greg (Serpent's Potion), Ahmed (Himalayan), Mark (Wiseman)


Estoy el mago, para magia a mi me gusta para siempre. Entonces, ustedes encuentran vida de belleza en magia, espero!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Mark,
    One of the funniest blogposts from you I've read!
    I guess the class will never know much of the web of deceit we've spun on them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a master illusionist, Mark, whatever the strategies are and whoever the accomplices may be. My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok, that's cooler! As long as you got away happy, the himalayan would have been comforted, the serpant's potion might have been rendered harmless, but the wiseman is definitely happiest!!!

    Cheers for everything good and bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where was my comment I left yesterday = =
    I feel so cheated!

    What I said yesterday is still:
    I feel so cheated!

    But at least that shows magic (at least assisting magic) can be learnt in a short time!

    I will sent my kids to learn these next time!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Susan, that is why you better find somebody to marry who loves you, not cheats you and messes around with you. Lol!

    I suppose I'm glad you got cheated, because that's my job at the end of the day, cheat you!

    Anyway you enjoyed the tricks, so I'm very glad!


    Cheers to Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, guys - lesson learnt. Never trust a himalayan :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ahmed, you said it right, never trust a himalayan lol. But never trust a wiseman or serpent either!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete