Thursday, March 10, 2011

Narcissism in interpersonal and other cross-species communication talents

Brad recounted an incident on facebook where somebody or two he knew tamed a fierce doggie; in another instance, somebody else incited riots amongst seemingly docile bystanders.

Brad harmlessly spoke of the avoidance of conflict as something acquired, and in some extents fully God-given. There is nothing suspicious about this opinion and even I myself desire these talents of communication or conflict resolution: but we might want to investigate THE DANGER OF NARCISSISM OF, AND IN, SUCH TALENTS!

That is pretty darn amazing Brad; what sorts of people can do that; better what sorts of dogs there were; I presume a hotdog in disguise of a reservoir one? Lol! Incredible!

How I wish I have the ability to incite a riot or outmanoeuvre a lion of a dog myself! How I wish I have the whole world at my feet and I'm the supreme fleet commander; and how I would have also wished for the pride of doom and pall, and away all my midas and vitae essentia, for being inadvertantly blindsided and consumed in self-love!

And how I know Shakespeare would have written the same!

Let this literary stanza above be a reminder to everybody, consequently and forebodingly; that sometimes, there is strength or strength to be gained in weakness or inability because of the likely presence and anchor of humility. The master who has attained the highest podium of life or some skill is very often in the weakest most precarious position because his fall from grace can be twice as short in time, yet twice as severe in impact, by virtue that he is more at risk of amour propre from having the world at his feet, which will conspire his fall. Philosophers will say it is better you never reach the end of the ladder or perfection, because the truth of it or mastery of a faculty is too mind-blowing/pure/holy/bright/intelligent/moral/noble/high/fantastical/incredible, that your uninitiated id and ego will likely give you away. That is why I would say; or any philosopher too, the mid-ladder or middle-class, as well as even those further down, have a sense of perspective about life and living due to their humble circumstances nearest to strength. That predicates success and a step above the ladder which in all things equal is still good and safe from the seduce of foolhardy id and ego, so long you are not at or near the end of the ladder!

The old adage to justify this school of thought: with great power, comes disproportionately greater responsibility and fortitude. And since you cannot be so full or sure of your abilities; no matter how high your EQ or IQ or AQ may be; by virtue you are still grossly imperfect despite good commendations in these; it is safer to turn down the offer and pursuit of greater power, skill, knowledge; so that you do not unknowingly turn up greater pride and overestimation.

What Brad said above was right of course: but given a choice, I don't want to risk being overweened on a talent; and so I would do and learn just enough of a skill whether communication, interpersonal, or otherwise and by grace hopefully last me till my death. Why do I need to be very good at anything which I do ( discount my writing though haha, cuz that's different); and what is the ultimate purpose of having an excess of a skill such as communication, that you be so good to tame a reservoir dog or command riots at will? Why in the world is there a need for that? Isn't that the symptom of vanity or would-be ones alike; even if these people do not profess themselves vain: but that their lack of profession of their vanity IS VANITY ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
No que bravo que esas gentes les aman

No comments:

Post a Comment